GradeProof conducts business from Australia and is primarily subject to the laws of Australia. We acknowledge that some of our Users may be resident in Europe and therefore entitled to rely upon the terms of European data protection laws.
User Data refers to your own text, documents or other information which you submit to GradeProof’s Service in order to receive intelligent proofreading.
In order for you to be able to register on the Service as a User, we request your consent to the collection and use of the information, including Personal Information you provide, in the manner and for the purpose we describe below.
If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not access or use our Service or interact with any other aspect of our business.
What is the scope of this policy?
Will this policy change?
As GradeProof evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in the Service, our business and laws applicable to us and you.
When, and what personal information does GradeProof collect?
We collect Personal Information when you provide it to us during the registration process and at other times as you use the Service or contact us.
- Email address;
- Location information, including city and country;
- Credit card information, via our secure third party supplied billing systems (Stripe, Braintree, Apple)
We also collect Personal Information from other third-party service providers to us, including third-party payment providers.
Other information we collect
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Information which is indirectly ascertained through your use of our Service or your online presence in third party websites, through your interactions with our representatives, or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites;
As you know, GradeProof is an innovative service which enables you to bring your own User Data and submit it to our Service in order to be processed for intelligent proofreading. Clearly, when you upload, transmit or otherwise submit that User Data then we collect and retain that User Data so we can deliver the GradeProof Service to you. We can delete your User Data upon your specific request however our systems continue to retain text snippets which are an essential aspect of how our AI platform operates. That retained User Data (in the form of text snippets) is not routinely viewed or viewable by GradeProof’s employees or agents or indeed any human. Presently we do not have the ability to filter Personal Information from User Data so if this concerns you then you can still use GradeProof but you should not include Personal Information in your User Data. Of course, all User Data is stored and transmitted using the most current commercial industry-standard security methods.
In common with most technology which is delivered over the internet, our systems automatically collect some data about, and derived from the device you use. Data such as location information (country/city of use), IP address, browser settings, time and date of usage and information about how you navigate our Service is routinely collected in order to allow for our continual improvement and to enable early detection of problems developing in our Service.
Other services you link to your account:
For what does GradeProof use the information?
We will use, process and store information you provide to us, including Personal Information, to satisfy our contractual obligations to you and for legitimate business interests, including to:
- Provide you the Service;
- Verify your identity when you created your GradeProof account;
- Facilitate and process transactions that take place through our Service;
- Respond to requests for support;
- Provide personalised features and suggestions;
- Help facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- Localise your interaction with the Service;
- Update you with operational news and information about our Service including website disruptions or security updates;
- Provide you with information that you request from us;
- Provide you with marketing information about products and services which we think may interest you unless you opt out;
- Carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Service, including improving the algorithms, usability and features of the Service;
- Monitor activity on the Service, including to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the User terms and conditions that apply to the Service;
- Manage our legal and operational affairs; and/or
- Provide general administrative and performance functions and activities
Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose Personal Information to third parties:
- Where it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the Services available to you and support your use of the Services;
- In accordance with the terms of a Data Processing Agreement, if that is required in accordance with applicable data protection laws;
- Where we form a view, reasonably, that the third party offers goods or services that may be of interest to you, in order to enable the third party to send marketing information about products and services which we think may interest you, unless you opt out;
- When we are required to do so by law; or
Does GradeProof collect information from children?
GradeProof does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If in the European Union, we also do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16.
If you are under the age of 16 in the European Union, or under the age of 13 elsewhere in the world, please do not provide Personal Information to us without the consent of your parents.
If you have reason to believe that a child below the allowable age limit has provided Personal Information to us without parental consent, please contact us, and we will endeavour to delete that information from our database.
Where is my information stored?
Personal Information, that we collect, may be transferred to and stored in any country in the world (on a temporary or permanent basis).
By registering as a User of and accessing our Service, you agree and authorise GradeProof to provide your Personal Information to a third-party who may not be located in the same country as you.
Information submitted to GradeProof may be transferred to a cloud-based server. If you post or transfer any information to or through our Service, you consent to such information, including Personal Information and User Data, being hosted in the cloud.
If you are in Australia
By registering as a User of and accessing our Service, and if we collect your Personal Information in Australia, then you agree:
- To and authorise us to give your Personal Information, in accordance with this policy, to a third party who is not in Australia or a third party who may transfer and store outside Australia your Personal Information (Overseas Recipient);
- That, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your Personal Information to an Overseas Recipient*; and
- That, if an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Australian Privacy Act.
*Subclause 8.1 of the APPs requires us to ensure that Overseas Recipients comply with the APPs unless, in accordance with subclause 8.2, you agree otherwise. For more information, please check the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website.
If you are in Europe
GradeProof’s primary business operations are located in Australia however the User Data and Personal Information is processed in USA. Without limiting our rights and obligations, if you are a resident in the European Union you will need to consent to your Personal Information being transferred out of the EU and stored in a manner which is consistent with safeguards for cross-border data transfer as required by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GradeProof and the third party data processors which it uses (who are some of the largest commercial data processors in the world) are subject to the terms of a Data Processing Agreement, which requires the data processors to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in such a manner that processing will meet the requirements of the GDPR and ensure the protection of the rights of the data subjects.
How secure is my information?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or destruction, including by means of firewalls, password access, and secure servers. We use industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology. However, Internet data transmissions, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of information during its transmission between you and us. Accordingly, you acknowledge that you transfer information to us at your own risk.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of administrative, physical and logical security safeguards. To enable us to meet our obligations under privacy laws and to ensure the operation of the Service, we may need to allow our authorised staff and contractors to access your Personal Information. The staff and contractors are required by contract and policies to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your Personal Information, please let us know immediately.
If GradeProof learns of a breach of our security system that is likely to result in harm to you, we will notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our web site. However, if the breach is unlikely to result in a risk to you, or if GradeProof takes action that will ensure that you are not likely to be harmed by the breach, we may not notify you of the breach. In all cases we will comply with our legal obligations for notification of data breaches.
Can I access and check my information?
You can request to access Personal Information we hold about you and request correction of any error in that information. To make an access or correction request, email us at email@example.com. If you make a data deletion request, we will act in good faith to comply with our legal requirements with respect to our records, including correcting, deleting or, where possible, anonymizing Personal Information.
We can delete your User Data upon your specific request, however our systems continue to retain text snippets which are an essential aspect of how our AI platform operates. That retained User Data (in the form of text snippets) is not routinely viewed or viewable by GradeProof’s employees or agents or indeed any human. Presently we do not have the ability to filter Personal Information from User Data so if this concerns you then you can still use GradeProof but you should not include Personal Information in your User Data.
We will consider and respond to all requests in accordance with applicable law.
Can I make a complaint?
We will treat your queries and complaints confidentially.
Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your query or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved.
If you are in Australia and you have a complaint about our compliance with the Australian Privacy Act you can contact the OAIC by visiting their site.
For EAA Users
Users residing in certain countries, including the EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your Personal Information.
- The ability to use your Personal Information and share it with third parties so you can receive marketing communications from us, or those third parties (which we would only do if we reasonably believed that the third party offers goods or services that may be of interest to you).
If you have consented to our use of Personal Information for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. We can delete your User Data upon your specific request however our systems continue to retain text snippets which are an essential aspect of how our AI platform operates. That retained User Data (in the form of text snippets) is not routinely viewed or viewable by GradeProof’s employees or agents or indeed any human. Presently we do not have the ability to filter Personal Information from User Data so if this concerns you then you can still use GradeProof but you should not include Personal Information in your User Data.
GradeProof Pty Ltd
ACN: 604 347 659